Place of business:
Caris Life Sciences
The Human Resources Specialist operates in a broad role responsible for a variety of HR related functions. The HR Specialist will provide proactive HR support to employees, leaders, as well as HR team members.
1. Assists with HR administrative functions including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining employee electronic files
- Processing employee changes in HRIS
- Maintaining contractor tracking
- New hire setup and background processing
2. Assists with new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of required onboarding tasks, payroll timing, benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
3. Assists employees with requests and questions. Acts as employee champion to pro-actively promote a productive working environment and culture.
4. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
5. Supports the administration of leaves of absence, including personal, medical, FMLA and military in accordance to company policy and employment laws.
Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Candidates should be comfortable taking a hands-on approach and should be able to thrive in a position that will be responsible for multiple projects in a growth-oriented environment. Further, candidates must possess the ability to proactively problem solve and manage projects that require a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point a must.
- Experience with HRIS/Payroll Systems a must.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills; ability to display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line of contact for employee issues.
- Human Resources experience required
- Bachelor's Degree desired
- SHRM-CP or PHR desired
- Willingness to work overtime when needed is required
Click here to apply, or email Dawn Turbeville at firstname.lastname@example.org