Place of Business: Landmark Structures
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Risk and Compliance Specialist is responsible for assisting with the overall management of comprehensive corporate risk management, insurance and bond programs. This role will coordinate closely with construction operations, estimating, project management, safety and human resources while creating and adhering to risk management policies and procedures to protect Landmark's assets and minimize liability exposures.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the day-to-day interaction between all project participants, brokers and insurers related to risk management and insurance issues.
• Responsible for all aspects of contract review as relates to insurance and bonds issues.
• Analyze and understand insurable risks and potential risk mitigation opportunities; interact with operational groups to ensure coordination between project activities, exposures, and appropriate insurance coverage.
• Review, initiate and recommend the appropriate insurance coverage and pricing for all new bids and projects.
• Work with operations and project management to ensure proper placement and coordination of any project specific insurance policies.
• Lead communication efforts with broker and surety company to facilitate timely delivery of project- specific performance and payment bonds.
• Analyze and provide appropriate prequalification feedback on subcontractor partners.
• Oversee internal claim management efforts (general liability, automobile liability, builders' risk) to include oversight of third-party administrators and insurers.
• Review and analyze loss control and trending reports, and coordinate with Safety to develop appropriate action plans.
• Maintain knowledge of trends in construction insurance industry, including thorough working knowledge of insurance products, coverage and pricing.
• Assist with compilation and development of data for annual renewal of corporate property and casualty insurance program, including management of brokers, approval of submissions, and negotiation of terms and premiums.
• Assist with the analysis of annual insurance premiums, financial performance of insurance programs, and determination of billing rates and premium allocations.
• Work closely with Corporate Controller to identify educational / training needs and assist with presentations and sessions focused on insurance and risk issues.
• Assist with internal communication related to all risk management initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years Insurance, Risk Management and Surety broker experience.
• Construction industry experience is required.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.