Place of Business:
The primary purpose of the Payroll /HR Administrator is to perform the day-to-day payroll-related tasks, daily human resource tasks, and work closely with the management team on a professional level and to support several functional areas such as the Safety Department. Duties and responsibilities will extend to payroll, benefits administration, and employee relations.
- Administers payroll in accordance with company policy and ensures compliance with various regulatory requirements (federal, state and local); advises management of changes and provides realistic and reliable solutions
- Issues and distributes paychecks; effectively manages direct deposits, benefits withholding, payroll deductions, garnishments and levies, flexible spending accounts and/or HSA accounts; applicable payroll tax deposits and returns, new hire reports, federal payroll summaries, W-2s, wage and hour law compliance, and paid leave, vacation and sick time reporting
- Routinely ensures payroll accuracy through documented periodic audits
- Administers Certified Payroll under Davis Bacon on required projects.
- Retains an expert-level understanding of criteria for exempt and non-exempt employment; job-costing, FLSA, OFCCP, Davis Bacon (and related regulations) and federal, state and local payroll requirements; communicates and ensures compliance.
- Appropriately administers and coordinates Workers’ Compensation program including (but not limited to) injury and witness statement documentation; ADA, FMLA, non-FMLA/sick leave, and return-to work policy administration; bona-fide offers of employment/modified duty
- Conducts routine inter-departmental audits (payroll, benefits, |-9, recordkeeping and/or destruction, etc.) to ensure ongoing compliance efforts; maintains appropriate documentation for efforts and communicates findings and responses to management
- Understands proper taxation and execution of employer-paid benefits
- Performs routine payroll department operations and manages workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely; strives for 100% accuracy
- Reconciles payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports Processes correct garnishment calculations and compliance Accurately executes time and attendance processing and interfaces with payroll
- Responsible for accurately monitoring, maintaining and overseeing reports, documentation, recordkeeping, correspondence, communications, etc.
- Follows established procedures when creating proposals and documents
- Establishes and documents procedures for unclaimed property, payroll checks, etc.
- Accurately establishes and maintains records for payroll deductions
- Processes accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary; distributes W2s
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual checks as appropriate
- Administers human resource duties with various assignments and daily activities
- Develops, maintains and files EEO-1 and VETS-4212 report annually as appropriate; maintains other human resource and payroll records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Performs benefits administration services within ADA/HIPAA protocols; change reporting, approving and auditing invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
- Manages risk by anticipating/finding discrepancies and sending out the proper request for information to obtain the correct answers
- Develops appropriate documentation for employee interactions; documents efforts and makes recommendations for improvement; manages difficult or emotional situations effectively and responds promptly to personnel needs; solicits management feedback and ensures timely communication of necessary and/or major concerns/issues and develops and communicates prompt solutions
- Provides accurate information, answers and maintains quality interactions with all personnel
- Assists with scheduling personnel and resources for training and testing
- Participates in staff and other meetings as appropriate
- Remains a subject-matter expert through formal and informal training and/or self-directed activities; continues development of personal and professional skills and establishes and participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of regulatory and other trends that may affect the business or direction of the company’s initiatives, policies and programs
- Works closely with the senior management team, project managers, other key personnel and contacts for seamless integration of responsibilities and functions
- Consistently meets and/or exceeds productivity goals; meets competing deadlines
- Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company
- May act as a liaison for company and employee communication; follows through on all actions to ensure 100% deadline compliance
- All other duties as assigned for the successful execution and/or completion of various projects whether or not specifically assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or-ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years’ payroll administration experience to include at least 3 years’ experience
- 2+ years’ successful demonstrated/documented and progressive human resource experience preferably in the industrial/construction market
- 2+ years’ benefits administration
- Thorough understanding of DOL Wage and Hour regulations, FLSA, EEO and HIPAA
- Strong project management, time management, organization and communication skills; detail-oriented
- Solid judgment, foresight, problem-solving, analytical and business acumen skills; strong attention to details able to manage multitask work in a strong-paced environment
- Strong ability to retain confidential information in all matters
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or as a team member on a broad variety of projects
- Ability to speak, write, and follow instructions and read the English language; bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people of varying social, cultural and economic backgrounds; creates and promotes a harmonious work environment
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action using independent judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including specialized knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- College degree or equal work experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving, drug screen and background records at all times
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.