Place of Business:
Pier 1 Imports
The Training Partner uses proven best practices in instructional design and adult learning theory to develop interactive educational solutions that engage the learner and enable them to meet/exceed performance goals and achieve business objectives. This partner participates in the design and delivery of large-scale company training programs and is also assigned to specific Home Office departments to develop, facilitate, and sustain customized training and professional development. This is achieved through leading the development process of solutions through sound project management and research methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Needs Analysis, Research, Recommend Solutions: Partner with organizational leaders, HR Partners, and other stakeholders to evaluate the specific training and professional development needs of their organizations and determine best delivery mediums and formats that meets that need. Employs best practices in research methodology utilizing industry resources as well as consulting with key stakeholders, clients and subject matter experts (SMEs) to determine performance needs and gaps. Uses this information coupled with instructional design knowledge to recommend appropriate learning solutions.
- Design, Develop, Deliver, & Evaluate Training Curricula: Leverage the ADDIE model to design, write and maintain for multiple delivery methods including participant and facilitator guides, e-learnings, info graphics, scripts, slides, job aids, activities, exercises and assessment tools. Align training objectives and content to the competency model by level in the organization so that individual contributors and leaders receive customized training paths. Facilitate instructor led training or train-the-trainer sessions on a variety of topics including both internally developed materials and externally purchased materials. Validate design and content with stakeholders and SME’s. Evaluate learner performance and customer satisfaction using standard models of evaluation.
- Project Management: Collaborates with leadership, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to identify scope and deliverables. Formulates timelines and project management documentation related to training deliverables. Manages the tasks and people resources assigned to the project to ensure timely execution.
- Support HR Partners and associates in providing recommendations and resources for associates' development plans. Researches options and recommends solutions based on expertise. Develops materials to educate managers on how to facilitate development and career growth specific to their business partners' departments and critical positions.
- Serves as a facilitator for team dynamics and team effectiveness sessions for in-tact teams. Interviews team leaders and team members to determine needs and the best approach to the content. Utilizes a variety of team building exercises, instruments, and assessment data to customize the content for the specific team needs. Provides action plans and conducts follow up sessions as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years experience
- Must have strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Required Software: MS Word, Excel & PPT.
- Recommended Software: Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Publisher, Captivate, Articulate, or other e-learning software.
Click here to apply or email Jamie Daly @ JLDALY@pier1.com