Join the Acme Brick Family!
Benefits and Wellness Manager
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 13 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
We are seeking a “best in class” Wellness and Benefits Manager to lead our health, welfare and financial benefits as well as a wellness program. The chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting 2,000 associates and will ensure that these programs enable Acme Brick, Tile & Stone is able to attract and retain a talented workforce. This position has a full time benefit and wellness coordinator reporting to them as well as a part-time leave management specialist.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees the design and administration of our group benefit programs (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, AD&D, 401k, FSA, pension).
- Surveys industry trends to determine our competitive position in benefits; proactively seeks to find ways to provide benefits that attract and retain staff while supporting a healthy lifestyle.
- Be a subject matter expert of benefits and wellness for the company.
- Identify and deploy targeted wellness programs that creates value among our employees, aligns with our goals and influences employee health and wellness.
- Oversees the administration and management of the medical insurance and retirement plans to ensure we are offering competitive, cost-effective benefits that are compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Identifies opportunities to make improvements to improve efficiency, ensure compliance and provide a high level of customer service and a positive employee experience.
- Delivers ongoing and effective communications to achieve employee awareness, understanding and appreciation of their benefits.
- Manages project effectively to completion, partnering with other teams including payroll, IT and various benefits vendors.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and communication of annual enrollment
- Develops metrics to measure the success of initiatives and to inform current performance.
- Leads the annual benefit renewal process, evaluating results in partnership with vendors and our benefits broker.
- Works closely with brokers and outside counsel to ensure plans remain in compliance, including annual 5500 filings, audits, amendments and plan documents.
- Expertise in all federal and state regulations as well as filing and compliance requirements, including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, PPACA, 401K.
- Oversees leave processes to include FMLA and all other forms of leave, as well as disability
- Develops and directs participant education including written materials, webinars and recorded training related to health & wellness programs.
- Actively participates and partners with the HR leadership team.
- Coach and develop direct reports to foster learning, career growth and job satisfaction.
Skills and Experience Required for Success:
- 5+ years of experience in health and wellness benefits with proven experience managing benefit programs for a mid to large-sized company required.
- 2+ years of experience with leave management required.
- 2+ years of HR experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment required.
- Ability to lead and motive direct and indirect team members effectively.
- Ability to influence change for the benefit of our employees.
- Demonstrated success in strategy development and effective execution of programs to deliver business results.
- Contract development, negotiation and administration experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with the ability to convey strategies and complex information effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in influencing leaders to gain commitment for new ideas.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations and facilitate change.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Competencies Required for Success
- Achievement Orientation – measures results, performs cost benefit analysis; finds more effective ways of doing things; solves problems.
- Teaming – ability to thrive in a team environment and work collaboratively with others.
- Analytical Thinking – analyzes systematically and determines what is needed to accomplish goals.Anticipates obstacles and ways to forge through them; strategic foresight.
- Integrity – Of high moral character and integrity; principled. Understands and embraces company’s core beliefs. Honest and forthright.
- Innovative – Stays abreast of developing trends, risks, technologies, best practices, etc. and brings relevant new and innovative ideas to the table.
- Communications – Effective communicator in all forms and audiences.Can relate to entry level associates as well as plant and sales office leaders.Direct yet diplomatic; transparent.
- Customer Service Orientation – discovers and meets underlying needs of customers; becomes a trusted advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, human resources or similar required
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Travel to production facilities during open enrollment in the fall, as well as occasional travel to stay in touch with our operations. Based in Fort Worth with locations throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and the southeastern U.S.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.