We are looking for an HR Coordinator to support our Human Resources department. This position will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners.
The main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records and HR documents, and updating internal databases. Our ideal candidate has experience with HR procedures and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner.
Ultimately, the HR Coordinator should be able to ensure the HR department supports employees while conforming to labor laws.
- · Assist in maintaining all employee personnel and benefit files assuring accuracy compliance and confidentiality.
- · Process all unemployment claims, including hearings; Processing and management of WC Claims
- · Assist in documenting process flows, identifying areas of improvement, and development of HR policies and procedures
- · Research and provide data for income/verification requests from regulatory and state agencies
- • Assist in the administration of annual performance evaluations
- • Assist in implementation of company sponsored events/programs for employees / rewards & recognition & retention efforts
- · Conduct new-employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefits plans and company policies.
- · Assist with annual open enrollment. Arrange for distribution of plan summary materials and required notices; assist with communicating changes to employees. Process changes within deadlines.
- · Coordinate and assist with the ACA reporting requirements.
- · Resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans; refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- · Act as a liaison for both internal and field employees; Assist employees with routine inquiries concerning payroll, benefits, and personnel policies.
- · Perform recruitment activities, interview and evaluate candidates for selected internal positions. Maintain related records.
- · Assist with writing, revising, editing and proofreading company policies and procedures and related documents as needed. Use electronic benefits bulletin board and other vehicles to communicate information. Produce the company telephone directory.
- · Assist in the preparation of government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- · Conduct exit interviews in absence of supervisor.
- · Promotes Committed to Excellence in the HR Department
- · Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field preferred
- · Minimum 1 year of HR, or other office administration experience required
- · Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with employees
- · Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- · Thorough knowledge of labor laws
- · Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- · Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills
- · Experience with HRIS and payroll systems, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- · Critical Evaluation: Strong analytical and problem solving skills; detail oriented
- · Self-starter, flexible and willing to work various tasks as needed
- · Relationship Management: Diplomatic and assertive in dealing with external and internal customers
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay range: DOE ($37K to $43K)
To apply: applicants can email me their resume at email@example.com