Fort Worth HR is excited to share that scholarship applications for the 2019 HR Educational Excellence scholarship are currently being accepted. FWHR is eager to recognize and award students who have demonstrated academic excellence and an interest in selecting a career in the human resource arena.
A single recipient will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship on behalf of FWHR to aid in their pursuit of higher education in human resources or a related field. This scholarship may be applied towards tuition, fees, and/or books for the upcoming Fall 2019/Spring 2020 academic year.
This is an exceptional opportunity for HR professionals who are committed to enriching their knowledge of human resources and their passion for then sharing that knowledge while putting it into practice to benefit employers and the current & future generations.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate program, such as human resources or related course of study, at an accredited and approved college or university OR a full-time or part-time graduate student
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Fort Worth HR Student Member preferred
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- All-around academic standing
- Participation in university and community activities
- Demonstration of leadership qualities
- Interest in the human resources field
- Preference will be given to Human Resource Management majors and those with relevant and related work experience.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must provide the following information:
- A purpose statement one page in length describing why you are pursuing a degree in HR or your related field
- Current resume
- A list all school activities, including SHRM and relevant organizations, in which you have participated during your college experience. List all community activities in which you have participated without pay. Note all special awards, honors, and offices held. Include participation in any research projects as well.
- Transcript (official or unofficial) and/or proof of admittance and registration
Click on the link below to apply:
Applications must be received by October 1, 2019.
Recipient to be recognized at the October Legal and Luncheon meeting.